Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing (Magic Cleaning #1) by Marie Kondō // BOOK REVIEW


Book: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing (Magic Cleaning #1)
Author: Marie Kondō (Author), Cathy Hirano (Translator)
Genre: Nonfiction, Self Help, Personal Development
Synopsis: Despite constant efforts to declutter your home, do papers still accumulate like snowdrifts and clothes pile up like a tangled mess of noodles?

Japanese cleaning consultant Marie Kondo takes tidying to a whole new level, promising that if you properly simplify and organize your home once, you'll never have to do it again. Most methods advocate a room-by-room or little-by-little approach, which doom you to pick away at your piles of stuff forever. The KonMari Method, with its revolutionary category-by-category system, leads to lasting results. In fact, none of Kondo's clients have lapsed (and she still has a three-month waiting list).

With detailed guidance for determining which items in your house "spark joy" (and which don't), this international best seller featuring Tokyo's newest lifestyle phenomenon will help you clear your clutter and enjoy the unique magic of a tidy home - and the calm, motivated mindset it can inspire.

What I think about it…

I’m not a filthy person (that sounds bad) but I’m actually not quite tidy as well. I’d like to consider myself in the middle. I clean my clutter every other day or if I’m not feeling lazy. The thing is, I chose to pick up this book because I’ve been seeing Marie Kondō in my YouTube recommendations and one of my favorite tarot readers on YouTube recommended that this is  good read and since I’m quite behind with my reading challenge and this is a quick read, I've decided to give it a try. But it’s quite boring and redundant.

My Verdict

I honestly don’t know if I have the right to give it a review because I just skimmed through the book. Again, because I thought Kondō kept repeating herself throughout the whole thing, I decided to just read the title and skip the discussion. But if you're in for a discussion about how you've been cleaning your home wrong your whole life, read it.

MY RATING
★★☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment