Monday, February 3, 2020

The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne // BOOK REVIEW

"It’s amazing how much one person can change the world, even if they don’t know they’re doing it."
Book: The Wrong Side of Right
Author: Jenn Marie Thorne
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Fiction
Synopsis: Kate Quinn’s mom died last year, leaving Kate parentless and reeling. So when the unexpected shows up in her living room, Kate must confront another reality she never thought possible—or thought of at all. Kate does have a father. He’s a powerful politician. And he’s running for U.S. President. Suddenly, Kate’s moving in with a family she never knew she had, joining a campaign in support of a man she hardly knows, and falling for a rebellious boy who may not have the purest motives. This is Kate’s new life. But who is Kate? When what she truly believes flies in the face of the campaign’s talking points, she must decide. Does she turn to the family she barely knows, the boy she knows but doesn’t necessarily trust, or face a third, even scarier option?

What I think about it...

The Characters

I adore each character in this book, even the bad ones – I mean; they’re so good at being bad. I love Kate Quinn, the twins, Meg, grandma, the inner circle and the staffers. Then there’s Senator Cooper, I feel hurt for Kate when her dad didn’t stand up for her but I know deep within his heart and soul that he loves Kate. It is sad but I guess we needed that for the story to progress. Up until the end I was slowly losing my hope on Cooper and I'm completely in awe at how wonderful Meg is. I can't imagine how painful it is for her to know that her husband fathered a child. But it turned out Meg was more accepting than Cooper. Then Andy, I loved his quirkiness and naughty attitude… but I don’t like him for Kate. I liked them individually.

The Story

I didn’t expect that I will love this book as much as I did. This is not the kind of young-adult genre that I read but I actually liked it, no scratch that, I loved it. The story seemed a little slow but I didn’t mind it at all. I rarely fall in love with books that aren’t romantic or cute but this one is, again, an exception. I don’t have anything in common with Kate but I do feel like I can relate with her. I used to feel awkward when the book is about a father-daughter relationship, I just find it overly emotional and cringey but, again again, this book is not like that. I actually crave for more Kate and Senator's interactions more than Kate and Andy's. It's their time!

My Verdict

I love it. I absolutely adore this book. I’m recommending it to everyone.

MY RATING
★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment